Monday, August 27, 2012

DTS 2012-13

Howdy!
These last few weeks Jup (the other staff member here with me) and I have been cleaning the base and getting ready for the students to arrive! It is so much work! I never realized it last year just how much work the staff had put in before we even got here. I have a whole new appreciation for them and all that they did. Yai, the other girl staff, will probably arrive sometime next week.
Today we found out that our dts will be joining up with another school.. The very first Shan dts! It is so exciting. We will get a few more students, as well as more staff. What a huge answer to prayer! Among the new staff is a couple from my dts from last year. It will be so great to get to spend more time with them. Please be praying for them, they are expecting a baby and she is about 2 months along.
I am still praying about what to do after the school is over. I have a few options.. Working at a children's home in Chiang Rai is the one that is most appealing to me. After that I am hoping to do an SBS. I am praying about my future, but at the same time I am trying not to think so much about the future and focus on this school and making it the best it can be.
Please be praying that I will be a good staff!
Also, please be praying that the new Shan students will be able to understand the teachings, because for most of them their first language is not Thai or English, which is what the teachings will be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment