Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My how time flies..

Almost time for school to start! I am so excited, and so ready!!
This years staff have spend the majority of this week at P'Bruce's house in the city. We have been spending time getting to know each other and working out last minute details like the schedule for the first week, who has what duties (I'm Bruce's administrative help) and Jup and I have been getting the handbook finished up. Let me tell you, making a handbook is a ton of work! Especially if you need it in both Thai and English! But we are just putting the finishing touches on it as I am typing this up.. Such a huge relief to be done with it.
The rest of the staff will be coming to the base to move in with us today and tomorrow. I can't wait to have more then just Jup and I at the base! It was getting a tad bit lonely with just two people. And the students start arriving in the next few days as well. I think one might be flying in tonight! Last night we went through all the applications and I think this is going to be such a great school. I really get the feeling that God is going to do such great things in this school, and I am so excited to be able to get to be a part of it.
Thank you all for your prayers and support! I can use as much as I can get for sure!

A few prayer requests:

That the Shan will feel welcome and always included. And also that they will be able to understand all the teachings and everything

That the students will have hearts that are open to the change that God wants to work in them and through them.

That I will not get homesick!! I am starting to already.. This morning when I woke up I could swear that I smelled fruit loops! I wanted some so bad, but they don't have them here:( It's just little stuff like that but it is really making me miss home and family.

My friends from last years DTS, P'Thun and EiEi, just had their third child, a son, and he is in the hospital with a lung infection.

That more people won't get sick. I am sick, Jup has bad allergies, and some of the Geske kids are sick too.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment