Friday, September 28, 2012

Saving saving saving!

So I have decided to buy a car or truck! The only thing is that they are crazy expensive in Thailand.. But in the long run it will save me a lot of money on taxis and bus fare. Especially since I will be moving to Korat after DTS and then I'm not sure what I will be doing so I think it would be a good idea to have a vehicle. It will also be a blessing to other people to be able to give them rides, especially into town. I decided that I have about half of what I am willing to spend, leaving me needing to raise about $1,500.. Sounds like a lot, huh? I am certain that God will provide though. He has never failed me in the past and I know He won't let me down now. Especially since I have been praying about this almost since I first got here and I feel like He has given me the "go ahead."
If you are interested in helping to support me not just in this but also just in general living expenses there is a way to do so that is tax deductible. Make out a check that is payable to YWAM. Put my name (Annie Petersohn) and also Chiang Mai in the memo line. Then send it to my mom. Her address is 394 Winston Creek Road, Mossyrock, WA USA 98564. She will then send it off to YWAM Montana and they will process it, send to to Bangkok, then from there it will get to me! Sounds pretty complicated, I know.
I have decided to make a two year commitment to YWAM. Well, actually I needed to to be able to have my funds processed through them. But I am at total peace about it, and I would have probably ended up being with them for about 2 years at least anyways since after DTS I am going to be working with them, then next January I am hoping to do an SBS. That is just a tentative plan though. They always seem to change on me..
Please keep me as well as all the other staff and students in your prayers! All the western girls are fasting for the first time and they are doing so well! I promised that when they were done I would take them to a cafe and buy them all cheese cake because I am just so proud of all of them! I am so glad that I listened to God and came back to Chiang Mai DTS. I'm not sure if I have been a blessing or a help to them, but I know for a fact that they all have been to me! All the students, Thai and western. And I am having a blast learning Thai from them! It is so much fun learning from them and then teaching them English. We just have such a great group this year. I am so happy to be a part of it.
Thank you all for your help, financially and spiritually, in getting me here!
Blessings,
Annie

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are where God wants you to be! It is exciting to read your posts and hear how God is working.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete