Sunday, March 31, 2013

Life in Korat

Hello!
I'm very sorry for the lack of posts/emails lately. It's been pretty busy here.
I have been teaching and working on stuff for the iDTS in Chiang Mai.
Things with my car have been rather interesting... In my last blog post I believe I mentioned that two of my tires blew out while I was driving. Well it turns out that the guys who put the new tires on my car put two different sizes on, neither of which are the same as the two that were already on. So I now have three different sized tires, which is quite scary! Also, just recently my brakes decided to stop working properly. I think it is just that they are worn down.. But I am trying to find an affordable place to get them checked out at. Hopefully I can get my tires changed to all the same size when they check the brakes.

I want to thank all of you who prayed for me and gave towards the class that I was hoping to take in Chiang Mai next month. I have all the funds that I need for the class and I am heading up there on Friday! I am very excited. I have heard that this is a really great class. I am also really looking forward to seeing my "family" up there. I have been very homesick for Chiang Mai, but I do enjoy living in Korat.

We started our holiday course here at the centre last Monday and I have a class of three teenage girls. When I heard that I was going to have the high school class I was a little nervous... I had always said that I never wanted to teach high schoolers. But this class is great! I really enjoy teaching it and the girls are wonderful. I feel like it is helping me find my passion for teaching again. Which has made me think that maybe I should try to find some tutoring jobs when I go back to Chiang Mai.. But it's all up to God!

These last few weeks I have been having to rely on Him more then ever before. With so many unexpected bills and health issues and just missing Chiang Mai so much I have realized that the only way that I am able to get through all this is to completely rely on Him. I know I have said this before but I feel like every week I am having to just surrender to Him more and more and give everything to God over again.
I have to admit that for about two weeks I was going through a really hard time and not wanting to rely on anyone but myself. I tried to get through some stuff on my own and just ended up falling farther and farther. I felt like I had hit an incredible low point and that is when I realized how much I truly needed God to be in control and my strength in everything. I hope that I never have to fall so far to realize how much I really do need Jesus to be in control. I really wish I wasn't so stubborn sometimes!

Thank you all so much for praying for me. I really appreciate it and can feel the support daily.
Love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment