Thursday, March 7, 2013

Nakhon Ratchasima!

Well it has been two exciting weeks since I moved!
Getting used to a new job, new area, new house and new people. It has been a little overwhelming at times, but God is always faithful to give us the strength to get through everything He puts in our lives. Which is something that I am realizing more and more.

I have started teaching at the centre, and I have 6 classes (I think it's 6, we will see how everything works out) that I am responsible for. It's nice to be busy and to feel like I am doing something that is making a difference and a change in people's lives. Learning English is so important and many of the school here don't put that big of a focus on it. So places like the Global Connections Centre are very important.

I am also doing administrative work for the Chiang Mai iDTS base. So I have been pretty busy, but I really enjoy it and it isn't more then I can handle. Actually, doing the admin work is part of what recharges me after teaching so much! It is definitely what I love and a passion of mine. And also a blessing to the base leader. (I hope..)

Please be praying for me though, as I am here for the next 4 months. It is hard for me not to be in Chiang Mai. I really miss it and my family there alot. Teaching is also really draining for me and I know that there is no way that I could be doing all of this without God's help and strength.

I have decided to start looking at apartment buildings when I go back to Chiang Mai in May for some conferences, and in July when I move back there I will start renting my own apartment! Very exciting for me! But also quite stressful/scary. At this point I have no idea where the money for that is going to come from, and I have had a few more unexpected expenses (such as having to replace my tires after two of them blew out.) But I do feel like that is what I need to do.
And I know that God will supply! I have complete faith in Him. He supplied the money for my car, and I know He will provide a place for me to live as well.

Speaking of my car.. Thank you all so much for the incredibly generous gifts you made towards it. I was praying so much for that and each of you were an answer to my prayers. It is how I got down south and it is also how I get everywhere that I need to go. Korat isn't like Chiang Mai, it doesn't have taxis that can take you anywhere you want. So this is a major blessing for me.

If there is anything specifically that you are interested in knowing about please send me a message either on facebook or through email.

Blessings to you all!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment