Friday, May 3, 2013

Who's in control...?

Thank you all so much for your prayers! It has been pretty incredible what has been happening these last few weeks.
I am someone who really likes to be in control. Actually typically, I feel like if I'm not in control of at least one thing my whole life is falling apart!! Not really of course.. But that is how I feel. Well... These last few weeks have been pretty rough on me because of that. So many unscheduled and completely "out of the blue" things happened that I didn't know which way was up and which was down. For real. I feel like these past days I have been a blind person trying to feel my way around a war zone safely.
I think it mostly started when the tires on my car blew. That was one of the first times that I felt completely lost and helpless. I had no idea what to do. And ever since then one thing after another has been happening, (having health issues, my bank account almost running out, forgetting my car keys at the car shop, ect... ) that made me feel like I was just getting further and further into the "war zone."
I started trying to find something that I could take control of and finally gain something back. But the more I reached for that, the worse things got.
Yesterday, my boss asked me to prepare the devotional for the Monday morning staff meeting. My first thoughts were "No way!! This is going to turn out awful! Whyyyyyyy??" Or something along those lines... But of course what I said was " Yeah, sure! :) " (Or once again, something along those lines.) Well I was planning on putting it off until the night before. But this morning I woke up early and there was nothing to do on facebook, so I decided to start thinking about it. Instantly the words 'Trust in the Lord' popped into my head. "What the heck? Okay Lord.. Maybe I'll look up some verses on trust to share and that'll be good enough. Okay?" Nope! While looking up verses on trust online, I came across 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10. Basically it says trust in the Lord. When you trust in Him your weakness will be turned into strength. Whoa. That was sort of exactly what I needed to hear.. But as if that wasn't enough, when I went to turn on my music to try and block out those thoughts that started telling me I had been wrong to push God out of control, the song He Said by Group1Crew came on. Basically it's about trusting God to take care of you. And how He won't give you more then you can handle.
One more thing telling me that He is in control.. Not me. Ughhh. Okay God. I admit it. I can't do it on my own. I can't be in control of everything. It's just to much for me! I can't handle it all. I need your strength....
And basically, after I admitted that I need His strength, I felt better! Not completely better. There is still alot of stuff going on in my life and the lives of the people I care about. But I felt I huge burden lift off of me.
So I just want to thank you all so much for your prayers! Please keep praying...

No comments:

Post a Comment