Friday, October 28, 2011

Not easy, but worth it

This has been a pretty incredible week! It was our last week here in Chiang Rai, and I am so excited to be leaving in a few hours. But so many great things happened, for me and for other people. I have learned and grown so much. This week I have really been struggling with some things, yeah I know, what's new.. But I feel like I was definitely in the right place. Being here surrounded by so many people who are believers and who just genuinely care about people helped me to deal with a lot of my issues in a positive way and start to move past them.
Something really great that happened this week during class was we took an offering near the end of the week for people in Laos, people traveling to Chiang Mai, and for the rest of the expenses for this DNA conference, since not everyone had paid and some people weren't able to. I think they said that we needed almost 200,000 baht. At the end of the offering we ended up with about 300,000 baht, which was way more then was needed, or expected. It was just so wonderful to see all the giving and to see how much everyone cared about it.
Last night a bunch of us went onto the roof of one of the girls houses and lit off ten floating lanterns. It was so much fun, and when there were a bunch up in the sky at once it just looked so incredible. We were going to light off bottle rockets as well, but someone from below us came up and said we were being to loud so we couldn't:(
Please pray for me that I will just be able to fully give over every part of my life to God and not hold onto anything and not hold anything back from Him. Also I am running sort of close on funds, so I need to decide what to do about that. But I have already experience how God provides so I know everything will work out. But I would still appreciate the prayer!
Thank you guys! I love and miss you all

No comments:

Post a Comment