Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Update

Hey guys,
This week has been kind of a hard one, but God has definitely been at work. Even in these last few hours I have grown and learned to trust Him, and that He can work anything in our lives for good.
I took a trip into Chiang Mai by myself the other day, just to go and relax, and also to buy a swimsuite.  I spent all day just riding around the city and wandering the mall.  I did alot of praying during that time and I really felt like the Lord was trying to talk to me, but for some reason I just couldn't focus enough to hear what He was trying to say. Finally I just went into Swensens and sat down and just tried to listen. I think what God was trying to show me was that I have just been so busy these last few weeks, filling all my time with shopping and visiting and trying to get to know everyone that I haven't been able to just be calm and spend time with Him. Once I had quieted my mind and just sat down, I just felt so at peace and like, loved. It was such a great experience for me. Then, when I was coming home it was dark and you have to hitch hike from Mae Malia back to the base. No one would give me a ride so I started walking back. I had just given up on getting a ride so I wasn't paying attention to the trucks passing when suddenly a truck stopped for me and offered me a ride. Once I got in the back I started talking to the ladies back there. They didn't speak alot of English ( the one that was fluent in English was driving) so it was sort of hard to understand what they were saying. But I was able to learn their names and found out that they teach at a school that is up the road from the base a bit. I really wanted to find out if they were Christians, but just when I was about to bring it up we reached the base. If you could pray that I get another chance to meet these ladies that would be wonderful. I haven't been able to stop thinking about them. I think I am going to go looking for their school this Saturday, and I could really use prayer in knowing the right thing to do when I do.
Also if you could pray for one of the ladies here, she has a cyst the size of a potato in her tummy and she won't know if it's cancer or not until Friday. She is being very strong and brave, but I just know it must be so hard on her.
I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment